Friday, July 29, 2022

Jesus for adults

Jesus for adults                                                                                 

“Suffer the children to come unto Me.”
I was a child when I first heard those words.

‘Suffer’, it was explained to me, means ‘allow’.
Jesus for adults in our church

was the Lamb of God, but to the children
He was the Shepherd and we were His flock.

Later, from Meher, I learned Jesus was not here
to save me from the cross

but to show me the Way to hang,
shouldering that weight for me

as far up the hill as He could get.
Suffering real, unavoidable, bitter as gall,

heavy as those rough-hewn timbers;
sharp as spikes and thorns.

Jesus loved the adults from high on a cross
but He took the children into His arms, heart to heart,

teaching that our love for Him
is as important as His love for us.

O child of God, surrender is the way of liberation.
To suffer means to allow.



1 comment: