Saturday, September 29, 2012

Good news

Good news
                                                                                              
The good news is God supplies our every need.
The bad news is sometimes, we need deprivation,

heartache, grief, failure, pain.  O lovers!  
I don’t know what I am talking about!

But, I keep talking because somebody
is putting words into my mouth

and if I can’t trust that somebody
then, who can I trust?

So ... I let it ride – all or nothing –
the spinning wheel and the bouncing ball

and this is my path –
sure of nothing, steeped in the lore,

living off the tantalizing possibilities
and the blessed assurance

the goal has already been won,
in fact, the journey has never begun

and here we are again –
playing God’s game.

O child of God, rejoice –
playing your role in God’s game.

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment