Wednesday, May 13, 2020

The beginning of surrender

The beginning of surrender                                                                        

I can’t do this alone.  I’m no warrior.
I’m a lover lost in his own dream; no match

for my ageless opponent of which my Lord
has given me a harrowing and disheartening glimpse.

Thank God, I’m not at that one’s mercy (he has none)
but at the mercy of  the Father of Mercy.

My orders now are to wrap myself in my Lord’s bright flag;
allow my enemy to languish outside the gates. 

With this method little valor is required,
yet few lovers take it on until each is shown

the bottomless depravity of the enemy within.
An incomprehensible battle it is

to the death and beyond,
but it’s no longer mine to fight. 

Such is the beginning of surrender.
Only the Beloved with His divine grace,

His sure swift sword can be the One
to gain the ultimate victory.

O child of God, one of the path’s inherent difficulties
is the divided loyalty of the lover. 



No comments:

Post a Comment