Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Mime and pantomime

Mime and pantomime                                                                                  

I don’t have any answers.
I don’t have any questions.  

You know my words before I speak.
I know nothing of Your language.

To my chatter of fearful irrelevancies,
Your replies only echo

my own inadequate vocabulary.
Yet, even with all this, I swear

I am getting nearer to the Truth.
The Truth of You and Your silent Presence.

I don’t know how it works –
this mime and pantomime!

But I beg You, Lord – keep up the conversation. 
Let me hear and come to know better than my own

that voice of Yours not formed by a human mouth
and heard only in the broken-open human heart.

O child of God, Meher’s silence forms the one Word
you have been ever longing to hear.


No comments:

Post a Comment