Saturday, February 16, 2013

Taken with You

Taken with You                                                                             

You took me, Lord, to a place inside myself
where I’d never been before.  You took me –

and I’ve been taken with You ever since.
I picked up a copy of Your book

and I can’t put it down, wondering how it turns out,
how all the characters and plot-lines

tie together and reconcile.
You stuck to me like fly paper to some

comedic schmuck in the silent movies –
making an enraged fool of myself.

I can’t pry You loose.
I can’t get to the bottom of You.

You took me – and I can’t shake You
even as I tremble and waver

and pitch my prodigious fits.  You took me –
and I’ve been taken with You ever since.

O child of God, allow Your Beloved the last dance
and then allow Him to take you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment