Saturday, August 11, 2018

A yellow wood

A yellow wood                                                                                       

In a yellow wood, came I to a divergence –
the road I take the next leg of my journey,

the other a phantom companion. 
O Lord, let it be true that the freedom

and certainty of karma and fate rule the road
rather than my fear and ignorance

determining where I shall end up, 
the life I shall encounter along the way.

Praying to God I might set down at last
the staggering baggage of my presumed autonomy

on every more or less traveled road
taken or not taken and accept the long term

remedial grace and benevolence
of a hand-held, divinely-guided tour.

O child of God, you plot your itinerary
knowing not how you have arrived at where you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment