Wednesday, June 9, 2021

A new life

A new life                                                                                                       
 
Dear to me, this tumbledown shack,
for its companionship, comfort and shelter.
 
Inexorably it is eroding away.
Abandon it now, my Lord is urging.
 
Wish to be concealed no longer.
Forsake whoever in the world I am.
 
Leave my loved ones, my companions
(as soon I must), shut tightly the door
 
and make this last little stretch
of open road my homestead,
 
following the One Who has come to free me
from the need of every comfort and shelter,
 
to join Him among the elements and the essentials,
in a new life under the open skies.
 
O child of God, the new life can only be lived
when there is no one left to live it.




No comments:

Post a Comment