Thursday, April 15, 2021

My enchantment

My enchantment                                                                                              
 
Meher advised me to follow (not lead)
my false self, peering ever vigilant
              
over its shoulder – claiming not credit nor blame, 
simply observing how attached I am
 
to being someone who in truth (my Lord says)
I am not – enamored of its God-given talents,  
 
embroiled in and despairing of its shortcomings;
obsessed with propping up, before my eyes and others,
 
its image – this character of God’s game
in whom I am deeply invested, my enchantment
 
keeping me from turning away, turning away –
toward my Lord, toward the truth of Who I really am.
 
O child of God, live in the world, say the Mystics,
but never consider yourSelf a part of it.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment