Monday, May 7, 2012

The prayer of Immensity

The prayer of Immensity

I used to crawl through the Universal Prayer
on my hands and knees,

entering through a hatch
in the O before Parvardigar.

By lying flat, twisting myself here and there,
I could inch my way to the last word of worship.

But, one morning, midway through, I tripped
a hidden switch or brushed a secret lever,

or, perhaps ... it was the power of one word
spoken with heartfelt sincerity –

the whole prayer expanded to the dimensions
of the descriptions within it.

Not just the firmament and the depths,
but on all planes and beyond . . .

the three worlds and beyond . . .
the source of Truth, the Ocean of Love,

beyond and beyond and still yet beyond . . .
time and space, imagination and conception.

I found myself in an endless void as the words
of the prayer rose to my lips and faded in my ears.

O child of God, this is the prayer of Immensity –
the Immeasurable, the Unnamable and Incomprehensible. 

O child of God, recite faithfully the Universal Prayer.
It’s about you and who you really are.

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment