Sunday, April 11, 2021

Pull off the road

Pull off the road                                                                                               
 
I’ve wanted to pull off the road for a long while.
I don’t care much about arriving anymore.
 
Almost a whole lifetime spent, rarely
carefree and cozy in this old world.
 
Fear is mostly what I’m made of;
not much love to counteract it. 
 
This old car stalled again at a crossroads.
Rather than attempt another repair
 
I think I’ll abandon it altogether;
strike out through the rough country;
 
find out for sure (or not) if there is
and always has been, a companion at my shoulder.
 
If He’s not there, I’ve lost nothing
I had before I started and surely
 
the desert will welcome me
into its warm and empty, ragged arms.
 
O child of God, Meher said most wayfarers
turn to Him only as a last resort.




No comments:

Post a Comment