Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Only God

Only God                                                                                                        
 
The path diverges and where once I stood
fretful, long-peering in each direction,
 
now, more often, I follow the Spirit
(Who listeth where It may), shedding
 
my care as best I might, dedicating
to my Lord each summarily taken fork.
 
The true division (say the Mystics)
is not a choice but an identification –
 
the self-styled sojourner stumbling (at last)
upon the nature of his own non-existence
 
and then doing his (ordained) best
to keep out of the way, witnessing
 
and marveling for brief stretches at a time,
God’s arduous, illusory return to Self.
 
O child of God, what choices are left to you
when there is only God?







No comments:

Post a Comment