Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Ever lover's wont

Every lover’s wont                                                                                             
 
I seem never to tire of being wrong!
Quelled and mortified, after a short while
 
I’m right back at it – the wise guy approach.
Not to catch my Beloved out at this late date
 
with some impossible contradiction
but to show my prowess and attentiveness,
 
a child reassured more by the Father’s answering
than His answers, His understanding of me
 
more than His understanding of the incongruities
I present to Him.  The Silent One answers me
 
in personal, multifarious ways which I gratefully now
imbibe with as much of my being as I might.
 
This strange discipleship He allows in His love,
this reaching out to Him in the only way I know how.
 
O child of God, so many paths to God – 
accommodating every lover’s wont.

No comments:

Post a Comment