Friday, March 15, 2019

Famous blue overcoat

Famous blue overcoat                                                                                      

O if I could shed my cleverness like an old coat!
Leave it in the seat of a city bus, say,

groaning on without me
or stuff it in a local thrift store bin.

Where it started out as occasional apparel
donned for style, secrecy, protection,

over time it became an essential part of me,
holding everything together.

It became how I daily get through life.
And now that I want to come clean;

strip down to simple naked faith,
now that I yearn to fall apart,

stubbornly, heavily it clings
(and I to it) concealing the real me

as I wrestle and suffocate
under its weight and cover.

O child of God, Meher is leading you by the hand.
Take solace in the truth of your plight.


No comments:

Post a Comment