Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Move your soul

Move your soul                                                                                          

I ask forgiveness (yet again). 
Inadvertently I have maligned Him –

disparaged my own cleverness, blamed
my inventive mind for my underdeveloped heart.

I forget in frustration that it is all a gift from God.
I could fall back upon that old guilt-ridden dichotomy –
   
the misappropriation of a divine bequest
for selfish ends, but I no longer believe

in separating myself from God’s involvement
nor His sovereignty, deeming any judgment

rendered on my own terms a misapprehension.
My cleverness, like every other endowment from God,

manifests His will and serves Him
(and me) ultimately in His divine game.

O child of God, you have been given all the attributes
you need to move your soul nearer to the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment