Friday, February 28, 2020

All your worldly cares

All your worldly cares                                                                               

I’ve a pendant on a chain
that hovers near my heart,

its necklace strung with beads.
A gift from my Beloved,

I wear it into the world. 
When I am quiet enough,

here and there during the day,
I feel its presence upon my skin.

No worries touch me in that faithful condition.
The things of the world carry no weight.

My hope and prayer (along the beaded chain)
is to someday know without a lapse

the wearing of that pendant, a shield
and a haven near my heart and in my mind,

an assurance as I move daily through it
that nothing in the world can touch me.

O child of God, surrender is the gift to Meher
of all your worldly cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment