Friday, July 3, 2020

Your timid heart

Your timid heart                                                                                         

I’ve been headstrong on this path, I know;
refused to follow, refused to lead;

trekking my way alone if I must.
Envisioning my insights as revelation –

sacrosanct and peculiar to me.  Headstrong,
yet all the while, since I fell into Meher’s orbit,

longing to become heartstrong instead –
like Baba motioning to LePage:  Be mighty in My love! 

I have come lately to see I lack the equipment –
not like a rabbit wishing to be a bear,

more like a bear wishing to be a lion –
just as futile perhaps but not as far-fetched.

I am to continue pondering then – calculate,
surmise, question and opine; move nearer

to my Lord through my individual, God-given
relationship, attributes and talents, enough,

more than enough, to see me through
this lifetime and into the next.

O child of God, follow your destiny
and leave your timid heart to Meher.




No comments:

Post a Comment