Wednesday, January 15, 2020

A tongueless bell

A tongueless bell                                                                                  

From these poems one might guess
I’m getting a bit desperate

but my Beloved skirts and shields me
from desperation while allowing

(apparently) my compulsions to momentously
flower and die; desires to wither by His grace

into a vapid, gray, tin ear sort of indetermination,
empty to me now as a tongueless bell. 

My interest no longer vested, turning
my holdings over to loved ones

to make their way through the maze
each according to their own karma.

Just bank-sitting now, paralyzed by indifference
except toward the One who quickens my pulse,

sharpens my ears, whets my thirst.  The one
in all the world who rings true.  Rings true.

O child of God, the path of renunciation, through His grace,
has been rendered smoother than you could ever have imagined.


No comments:

Post a Comment