Sunday, August 23, 2020

The human source

The human source                                                                        
 
When I first fell for You
what improbable tales You told!
 
I emptied my quiver in Your direction –
trusting not one smooth line. 
 
I fling my arrows still, because,
these days, I so very much
 
trust Your benevolence, Your forbearance. 
A cipher adrift in the cosmos or one
 
orbiting a centric faith – I recommend the latter.
Faith is blind, yes, but follow the scent
 
of jasmine and rose; the ocean’s roar;
the taste of blood, salt, and candy prasad. 
 
Lord, perhaps You’re not with me as I write this. 
How could I ever be sure?
 
But, I trust You – the flesh and form You were,
Your Word, Your mercy, Your munificence. 
 
I trust the awakening
You have evoked in me.
 
O child of God, make Meher both the Godly
and the human source of your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment