Saturday, July 3, 2021

Keep watch

Keep watch                                                                                                      
 
While the world slept, Bhau kept
his vigil outside Baba’s room,
 
(as other chosen ones before him) –
attentive, silent and still.
 
As I sit now in one more earnest meditation
(far from Meherazad but not
 
from Meher’s presence)
let me be chosen by fate and grace
 
to be His night watchman.  
At His threshold keep my vigil,
 
settling in to the rhythm of my breath;
the sheerness of my own silence,
 
the silence of my own absence
as I disappear inside it; listen to silence itself
 
until the sudden, sharp command
which will break it and bid me enter.
 
O child of God, sometimes, for this sleeping world,
the best you can do is keep watch.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment