Sunday, November 19, 2017

A divine opportunity

A divine opportunity                                                                                

When the razing began, I thought
the garden walls would go first,

(romantic that I am) – a flood of love
upending my neglected grounds,

enabling a long-hoped-for hidden eden.  
But You began with the house, my shelter,

dismantling it down to the bare slab,
me too numb to foresee or care anymore

what subsequent half-structure will take its place,
simply trusting it will be apt.

This ruination holds neither hope nor shame.
Like any other death, of spirit or flesh,

it’s merely a naked opportunity for something
to be built beyond the outmoded purpose of the original structure.

O child of God, approach your undoing
with the God-given composure of faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment