Monday, July 22, 2013

Body language

Body language                                                                              

Men’s daily lives will be
the living precept (You promise).

The words I have not spoken
will come to life in them. 

Meanwhile, I study body languages
of myself and other lovers of Your seven bodies,

searching, inside and out,
for the birth of words for years unspoken  

yet, shaped a lifetime on earth, on earth,
o Emmanuel, Emmanuel.

Await the living, breathing words among us,
precepts sown by silence –

evidential change, redemption, salvation.
Your only miracle, You said – to change the human heart.

Scholars scour the words you left behind.
I search for words You left unsaid,

in myself and others – to become the words,
to become the words You left unsaid.

O child of God, let it be, let it happen.  Let it be,
leave it alone.  Undisturbed; undisturbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment