Thursday, March 7, 2019

The turn of a knob

The turn of a knob                                                                                      

I hold my tongue (as You suggested
through the silence of a lifetime)

and meet You in that immeasurable space
where real things are exchanged.

Even in these raw, preliminary stages,
I’m allowed through that door

where at the turn of a knob
I’m greeted by Your silence.

There to listen instead of barter,
quiescent rather than seeking,

immobile instead of on the prowl,
humble instead of scheming –

o Lord, I am the silence I listen to.
You are the silence I listen to.

We mingle there as one –
as I mutely place my hand in Yours.

O child of God, continue with your raucous verses.
Meher’s silence contains all sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment