Friday, January 31, 2020

Suspects at large

Suspects at large                                                                                         

Once upon the path, the purity of my motives
seemed of paramount importance, self

strictly monitored and swiftly brought to heel.
These days I see plainly my notions

of a motive afford me too much power
because I have no true center – 

beneath this mutable persona
there is only You and has been You all along.

It’s Your game within me and without.
I have no purity, no sincerity; no lack of such.

I have nothing on which to hang my hat.
And You, having only a Whim

have no lack, no cause or motive
to do what You do nor to be Who You are.

O child of God, there are no suspects
at large on which to pin a motive.





No comments:

Post a Comment