Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Captured

Captured                                                                                               
 
A moth captured in the lantern’s glass,
frantically hurtling to and fro,
 
until its wings turn to flame
and become light itself.
 
Entering Your Samadhi, I found a vastness
beyond the boundaries of any existence;
 
the clouded dome turned
into a night sky full of stars
 
and beyond Your fiery sepulcher,
a labyrinth of paths led into a dark woods.
 
I’m captured, O Beloved, in Your Samadhi,
moving frantically here and there.
 
There’s only one door in . . . and no way out.
When I exhaust myself, I’ll die at Your feet.
 
O child of God, let your wings turn to ash
then see what Truth shall arise.


                            (from A Jewel in the Dust, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment