Wednesday, May 1, 2019

A child of Meher

A child of Meher   

I heard of a man named Mercy,
those drawn to Him known as lovers

and ever since that long ago day,
in spite of my distrust, I have inwardly        

longed to be wholeheartedly
one of those sisters and brothers.

But how might a man of so little love,
so little mercy align himself honestly

with the lovers of the Lord of Love;
the Father of Mercy?  I have remained a beggar

outside the gates; listened to their songs of love,
even composed a few myself of praise and complaint,

expressing my allegiance, my hope for love,
my gratitude for the still-open invitation;

marveling at the path I have taken
since I first heard the mercy of His name.

O child of God, however stubborn your fears,
you could never deny – you are a child of Meher.

(drawing by Rich Panico)


No comments:

Post a Comment