Friday, May 28, 2021

To wait and watch

To wait and watch                                                                                           
 
You’ve told me for the longest time that I do not exist
(only God) so it’s not a matter of me taking any action.
 
I don’t even have to cease being myself.
I never was myself, only an illusory existence
 
ever within the inviolable Oneness of God.
It is for my God-self, not my fallaciousness, to realize this –
 
the outcome of destiny and grace – a gift from God.
Nothing for my dust grain, helpless, hopeless,
 
non-existent self to do but to wait and watch;
view over the eons the unfolding of God’s infinite Being.
 
O child of God, the sanctity and enormity
of such an endeavor demands your constant and utter vigilance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment