Monday, July 27, 2020

The walk of faith

The walk of faith                                                                                       

All that is wrong with me, to begin with,
is that my fingers are misplaced on the keys.

Not one word I tap out in this world has any meaning.
Knowing only dimly anyway, what I’m trying to say –

something beyond thought, worthy of the effort,
far greater than all the reasonable, measured

descriptions I might adhere to  
concerning this mad riot of a world. 

I’m not talking about poetry.
I’m talking about the walk of faith.

What I write might not come to sense on paper
but perhaps my fingers will remember the pattern,

the message I hope to better decipher and deliver
once it’s spaced out properly onto the page.

O child of God, truth in the world’s tongue
loses most of its power and accessibility.  


No comments:

Post a Comment