Friday, October 16, 2020

Still you dance

Still you dance                                                                                           
 
I live like a lover of God,
having emulated those who came before –
 
sat with the mandali, read the teachings,
studied the lives of saints, the advents of the Christ.
 
I say the reverent, right things,
practice the approved methods, yet, still,
 
I withhold myself from Truth;
seeking always outwardly, outwardly –
 
to others, to others – to show me how to live,
unwilling to hear the Truth of my own soul,
 
told in God’s voice; afraid of His intentions;
afraid to be found wanting, then lost
 
as any human soul ever has been,
estranged from the Source, abandoned
 
to this bleak and terrifying world,
beyond His authority; insufficient to His Will.
 
O child of God, boxed into a corner,
still you dance around the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment