Saturday, October 13, 2018

The world's damaan

The world’s damaan                                                                             

I entered the Samadhi perfectly sane,
though frightened and weary,

emerging mad and drunken,
stumbling downhill to meet

the world which no longer knew me.
My agenda and the agenda of my Lord

are universes apart, yet hidden somehow
beneath the folds of what I deem

myself and existence to be,
with His law (the only Reality) taking precedent.

Coming around again now near the end,
my world from rough handling

shattered in my hands and no glue
nor strategy to piece it back.

Trying to hold the wheel and Meher
asking again and again what is your heading?

What is your heading, your harbor and why not
let the sea take you where it will?

O child of God, truth wrenches and tugs
and still you clutch tightly the world’s damaan.


No comments:

Post a Comment