Saturday, December 13, 2014

Zero

Zero                                                                                                       

Life is a dream, said my Lord.
I was glad to ponder on such.

Twenty odd years later, I heard Him
phrase it in an different way –

O lover, you are dreaming Me! 
I am, said my Lord, whatever the dreamer

takes Me to be, dependent upon their karma –
God to some, fraud to others,

a photograph, a name in passing,
an anonymous cipher in the human throng.

Then, also a dream, I replied, is what You are saying.
Everything is zero, said my Lord.  Zero into zero –

it all equals zero.  I’m at sea, I said. 
Not yet, He replied, but you’re getting there.

In order to drown, you have to let go
of everything that holds you up.

O child of God, the child is a dream;
God is a dream; this idea, this poem also a dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment