Saturday, March 8, 2014

Sunset ... and death

Sunset ... and death

Sunset ... and death is another day nearer
yet, tranquility in the twilight reigns.
My faith informs me I shall live forever.

Yes, trust in God may weave and waver
from doubting fears I've yet to tame,
(sunset ... and death is another day nearer)

but, from the Source I'll be parted never,
(though earthly evidence disputes the claim,
my faith informs me I shall live forever).

From this realm soon my body severed;
my moon-like being doth crest and wane.
sunset ... and death is another day nearer.

As keepers of fate pull upon the levers,
I wander down the green-lined lane.
My faith informs me I shall live forever.

The night's chill shan't taint my endeavors -
the left-off poem, the ungathered grain.
Sunset ... and death is another day nearer
but, faith informs me I shall live forever.

                        (Unpublished)

No comments:

Post a Comment