Saturday, March 8, 2014

Sunset ... and death

Sunset . . . and death

Sunset . . . and death is another day nearer
yet, tranquility in the twilight reigns.
My faith informs me I shall live forever.

Yes, trust in God may weave and waver
from doubting fears I've yet to tame,
(sunset . . . and death is another day nearer)

but, from the Source I'll be parted never,
(though earthly evidence disputes the claim,
my faith informs me I shall live forever).

From this realm soon my body severed;
my moon-like being doth crest and wane.
sunset . . . and death is another day nearer.

As keepers of fate pull upon the levers,
I wander down the green-lined lane.
My faith informs me I shall live forever.

The night's chill shan't taint my endeavors -
the left-off poem, the ungathered grain.
Sunset . . . and death is another day nearer
but, faith informs me I shall live forever.

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment