Saturday, May 23, 2015

The illusion of forward momentum

The illusion of forward momentum

Understanding is meaningless, 
said my Lord.  Perhaps, I misunderstood,

refusing to lie down quietly
in the frozen fields

or step in any direction
without an established reason

while the ground shifts steadily
under my feet creating the illusion

of forward momentum.
Love has meaning, said my Lord.

What meaning has Love?
Understanding is meaningless.

But I don't understand -
Obedience has more meaning.

What meaning has obedience?
Understanding is meaningless.

But I don't understand -
Surrender has most meaning.

What meaning has surrender?
Understanding is meaningless. . . .

O child of God, understanding will not release you
from the terror that separates you from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment