Saturday, May 23, 2015

The illusion of forward momentum

The illusion of forward momentum                                                                 

Understanding has no meaning, said my Lord. 
Perhaps, I misunderstood,

refusing to lie down quietly in the fallow field
or step in any direction

without an established reason,
while the ground shifts steadily under my feet

creating the illusion of forward momentum.
Love has meaning, said my Lord. 

What meaning has Love? 
Understanding has no meaning. 

But I don’t understand –
Obedience has more meaning. 

What meaning has obedience?
Understanding has no meaning.  

But I don’t understand –
Surrender has most meaning. 

What meaning has surrender?
Understanding has no meaning.

O child of God, understanding will not release you
from the terror that separates you from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment