Thursday, March 26, 2020

This old house

This old house                                                                                           

This old house grumbles
in the wee hours of wind and rain;

my body griping, too, lying awake –
cramped muscles, aching back,

the roil of digestion, urgency in the bladder.
Running through the usual worries, my mind,

distraught, complains of a lack of diversion
while my heart aches for refuge and peace.

But there is another part of me awake,
unmolested by all the bother –

the core of me which You have unveiled,
employing these awakenings for communion,

solace and a centering upon You,
the warmth of Your presence flowing

from the hub of my being to hush and settle
all the rancor of the peripheries.

O child of God, the storm didn’t wake you.
Your Lord has called you to His court.



No comments:

Post a Comment