Saturday, December 24, 2011

I love love best

I love love best    
                                                                       
Gratitude roams the ruins of my heart –
tipping the scales in Your favor.

I’ve an urge to run through the streets
shouting Your name. 

Instead, I kneel and slowly burn.
Dawn bears the same fire on the eastern mullions.

It’s not so much that You love me
but that You give me love to give . . .

more and more, more and more
and still yet more.

I know nothing of worthiness, except . . .
it has everything and nothing to do with love!

O reader!  What might we discuss 
that you and I don’t already know?

Like the elephant in the dark –
everything is true at once!

I love love best as a fire in the chest – silently longing
for the whole house to become ash and cinder.

O child of God, what is there to say?
You are bewildered – inside and out.

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment