Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Another poem

Another poem                                                                                            

If you have any complaints, take it up with management.
God welcomes our grievances if we lay them at His feet.

He knows (apparently) even our deepest grief,
our direst travails, somehow will be

of little consequence in the light of Truth.
So it returns to faith.  I’ve run away from faith

all my life, demanding proof but proof is evidently,
in every circumstance, well, circumstantial.

And certitude is the great Illusion.
Funny thing is, after all these years

refusing to embrace faith, faith has begun
to embrace me, obliquely

and at the most unexpected moments,
revealing my hidden prejudices and presumptions,

errors in logic, offering me one or more alternatives
to every shred of damning evidence I uncover.

O child of God, your faith is strongest when the Beloved
gives you another poem to write.



No comments:

Post a Comment