Saturday, February 2, 2013

My story

My story    

This is my story, this is my song,  
praising my Savior all the day long.
 
Praise, constant praise – deeply in love
with the depths and intricacies of the story,

praise to its Author; receiving
His assurance, most blessed.

Surrender becomes a way of life,
life becomes praise –
 
walking, talking, living, breathing exaltation!
God created Existence for each one of us!
 
Separately unfolding before our senses.
This is my story, my holy moment under the sun.
 
Accumulated history -- merely the backdrop;
the world in periphery – celebrities, royalty,

heads of state, bit players in my story.
My incredibly crooked story, my off-beat,

out of kilter song, a gift from God!
Awed and humbled, marveling in the joy,
 
enduring the suffering –
surrender, the one gift I might offer

God in return ... and fetch the closing
words, last page, final chapter.

O child of God, love the Story-teller and love the story
without attachment to outcomes, trajectories and purpose.

                                  (Unpublished)

No comments:

Post a Comment