Saturday, April 25, 2015

My silent partner

My silent partner                                                                                       

Mercy, my spiritual master; compassion,
my steady companion; immediate truth,

my bottom line; love, my silent partner
instructing me, amidst the roaring senses,

the worldly provocation and gyrations,
to be aware of that small, still Presence

that counters every bluster,
every colorful, odious suggestion

indicating I am one hopelessly alone,
utterly lost traveler, without home or safe harbor. 

Love, my silent partner, to turn to in faith
and truth and find the way, comforted,

subtly led from this land of shadows
into the bright, perfect Light.

O child of God, listen with all your heart
to the wisdom of your silent partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment