Thursday, January 28, 2021

Too deep for words

Too deep for words                                                                                    
 
The poems You inspire in others are,
for the most part, anthems of praise. 
 
The poems You give to me are more about
the give and take between the two of us.
 
It’s because I know so little about You! 
Only what You have (in my heart) told me;
 
(in Your silence) have shown me.  Pure praise
seems to be beyond me – the terminology
 
of which only You have any real understanding. 
If You take from me my poetry, I would ask one favor. 
 

 
Take it by leaving me speechless with wonder,
robbed of comparisons; dazed by Your nearness.  


Let pure praise be denied me still – a blasphemy
breaking the bonds of a Oneness too deep for words.


O child of God, praise of the Christ
is to the spiritual benefit of all.








2 comments:

  1. I hear you reading this. Home from work and then you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I needed a lift this morning and you have given it to me. Jai Baba!

      Delete