Sunday, June 13, 2021

The solace of eternity

The solace of eternity                                                                                       
 
This body is being consumed by age
but I’m left untouched –
 
my Beloved is introducing me to eternity.
A lifespan is comparable to the wink of an eye –
 
in brevity and gravity –
having something to do
 
with sand grains and the spin of planets,
the span of stars, crumbling atoms, eroding flesh.
 
I remain untouched.  Any urgency is presently
soothed and replaced by patience and trust.
 
Eternity has allowed me a certain serenity,
the faith and assurance that I will,
 
over (illusory) time, inevitably shed my loneliness,
reach God and even learn what love is all about.
 
O child of God, you have all the time
in the world, in existence, in eternity.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment