Thursday, January 10, 2019

Tilting the scales

Tilting the scales                                                                                               

If you’re looking to me for answers,
I’ve run shy.

If you’re looking for questions
I can loan you some

you’ve never even considered.
Most people view them

as a lack of faith
but I see them as confirmation. 

Who would question while not believing
there are answers to be had?

They may be legitimate targets for admonition
but a display of apostasy, they are not. 

I feel unbalanced, though.
So many questions and so few answers

tilting the scales, skewing the data,
listing my somber progression

ominously to one side.  It tends to
make me go around in circles.

O child of God, when will you stop dealing
in words, intellect and superficial knowledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment