Saturday, April 3, 2021

Ageless and momentary

Ageless and momentary                                                                                   
 
I view now the stilled body in the coffin
I never was, curious as to where
 
my mind is wandering after the great parting.
The body I’ve mistaken myself for all my life;
 
the body everyone has tagged me to be.
And once free from it, (my mind
 
taken up with other matters), I find
there’s no visceral point at which
 
to pin down exactly just who I am
and might have been all those years –
 
surely not my adopted,
(only apparently) inhabited body
 
nor my spontaneous and fluid, chameleonic mind;
not my self-imagined, individualized soul
 
but somehow, somehow, (I am told)
a free-floating, ethereal, eternal ephemeral –
 
an unimaginable, conscious window pushed open
upon the ageless and momentary process of existence.
 
O child of God, devoid of body, mind and soul,
who is it then who requires liberation?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment