Saturday, August 15, 2020

Man of God

Man of God                                                                                     

I became an adult, in many ways
remaining a child.  To fill out the clothes
 
of a grown man, I stuffed them with straw.
A sturdy cross I constructed
 
to climb upon and cling to –
to keep myself tall and erect,
 
lest I be caught out.
The rod and staff of that cross,
 
binding me to itself, rooting me to one spot,
became my sole comfort and orientation
 
on this wavering, spinning planet.
But, then, Lord, I encountered You
 
and began to fill out my potentialities.  
And now I see,  
 
plainly, the daunting task before me –
O child, o man of God, climb down
 
from that cross, exchange it for another;
take to the itinerant new life.  Come what may
 
and wherever you might be led, bear
that ancient/new cross.  Follow your Elder Brother.
 
O child of God, Meher has come to awaken in you
that long-dormant, slumbering man of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment