Thursday, April 30, 2020

Become the sought

Become the sought                                                                                               

Fool that I am, I have searched for You all these years –
the One Who is everywhere and in everything.

I’m not sure of what I’m seeking
but You’ve given it a name:  Meher Baba.  

I suppose I’m nearer the goal after all this time.
I’ve no way to gauge the distance.

You didn’t come to teach
and I’ve learned nothing of consequence.

Either I am You or Your creature
or somehow both and I’ll end up with You

some lifetime or another – or not.
You might never be mine

but just the same I belong to You.
I may be a fool but I’m Your fool,

hoping to die
with Your name on my lips.

O child of God, Meher said stop seeking
and become the sought.


No comments:

Post a Comment