Wednesday, July 7, 2021

God in disguise

God in disguise                                                                                                
 
Earlier (quite naturally) a skin-tight boy,
free running but surrounded by threat.
 
Then, a heaven-bound, ephemeral,
angel-versus-devil soul trapped in a body.
 
Later came the lost years of unbelief,
blind flesh and blood –
 
heart and brain sick with dread and lust.
You told me I am God in disguise.
 
I conjured up a higher Self
battling my lower self, laboring to get free.
 
Still later, a window or a witness behind it, kept
somehow invulnerable, immaculate and immune.
 
Today, I envision mySelf as a flaring torch
and, though a mere fragment, a light
 
which creates and sustains the illusion
of my incarnated body, heart, mind and world.
 
O child of God, there are innumerable ways to look
upon your Self, none of them translatable into Reality.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment