Saturday, November 24, 2018

They also serve

They also serve                                                                                        

They also serve who only stand and wait,
Milton wrote, comforting himself in his blindness.

Stand and wait, stand and wait.
These days I have lain aside,

for the most part my quest
and comfort myself that somehow

this will serve Him best.
To stand aside and wait for my Lord

to enter and restructure this dark interior
according to His whim and authority,

my former strivings an apparently necessary effort,
the required creation for the impending removal

of this provisional structure and by His hands
its destined replacement, inhabitance and completion.

O child of God, surrender requires patience
and a certain passivity – a strong yielding to His will.




No comments:

Post a Comment