Saturday, March 14, 2020

Origin and remedy

Origin and remedy                                                                                                

Siddhartha chose not the path of faith but of inquiry;
a quest not for God but for the cause of human suffering. 
   
It was truth he was after – truth of origin and remedy;
truth with its tacit certitude, whatever it turned out to be.

Centuries later, I followed truth down the Buddha path,
not a thought in the world for God, love or fidelity,

until my Lord took me aside
and said, I am the Truth you seek;

the One Who prompts these questions in you. 
Now my quest is full-bodied, of heart and head,

faith and inquiry into the truth of Meher Baba
and the ancient path to His holy feet.

O child of God, pray one day your inquiries
become kindling for the roaring fire of conviction.



No comments:

Post a Comment