Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Source of grace

The Source of grace                                                                                 

In my youth I assembled
the great puzzle of the universe,

God being the only left out piece
which was fine with me. 

It felt like freedom, yet fear
lurked in the interstices 

and I was soon sick with it:  afraid
of freedom; afraid of myself.

My universe now long since broken into rubble,
it was grace that led me through;

a life of grace I in no way deserved
nor understood at the time

and yet now I ask for more – instructed
to ask for nothing, I ask God for more –

the grace of being the Source of grace,
forever free and no longer afraid.

O child of God, annihilation in Union
is the only refuge. Your self is made of fear.


No comments:

Post a Comment