Monday, October 14, 2019

That still clear center

That clear still center                                                                                

If I had my way, I’d never come back
to another lifetime of sin and ignorance,

causing pain and harm to myself and others.
But that’s no virtue –

not wanting to cause suffering.  
It’s just another desire – the root of suffering,

the barrier to surrender and non-return. 
In the realm of illusion

where might pure virtue be found?
Purity has nothing to do with perfection.

It has to do, apparently, with getting off the wheel
onto that clear still center even as

the rest of the world shakes and gyres,
rattles and quakes, wavers around you.

If I had my way, I’d never come back
but then – it’s never been about me having my way.

O child of God, round and round and round you go,
too drunk to find your way off the dance floor.


                            

No comments:

Post a Comment