Saturday, December 8, 2018

His One perfect response

 His One perfect response                                                                      

Any question asked of God
is an implicit demand for an answer.

After a lifetime (to my dismay)
of such implications, I am beginning now

to hear (by His grace) the one answer
which has always been there – His silence;

(wherein only real things are exchanged
and wherein God alone is real).

I took a silent, invisible God
to be distant, unapproachable

while He’s been faithfully
answering me all along

in a Voice – because it is so unlike mine –
I’ve had not the ears to hear.

Now I might grasp a bit more His admonition –
Love doesn’t ask.  Because Oneness hasn’t a tongue.

O child of God, Love is silent, benevolent,
His One and only perfect response.




No comments:

Post a Comment