Friday, July 3, 2020

Traveling incognito

Traveling incognito

Traveling together incognito.  At each checkpoint
You whisper, Let Me do the talking.

As You have taught, I was once stone.
Forgive the continued hardness of my heart.

Some noticed my silence during evening Arti.
I thought to add a drop of mine to the infinity of Yours.

At the threshold of my Beloved’s Tomb –
the madness of the world behind me and the silence within.

Make a tomb of your heart, You whisper to me.
Bow down to that silence.

Another body for the pyre.  Stack the wood precisely.
Pour the ghee!

When this sky wheels around to the proper position,
I will see the face of my Beloved.

O child of God, there’s an angel within, longing for Union.
Let him use your tongue.  Then, listen with all your heart.

                                     (from The Garden of Surrender, 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment